Wastewater Treatment Applications
The automated MiProbE Sentry can be deployed for directly monitoring microbial processes in wastewater treatment plants from simple aeration ditches to activated sludge tanks and settling basins.
The MiProbE directly reports microbial response to the process conditions rather than proxy measurements such as changes in the environment (e.g., Dissolved Oxygen, pH, or Oxygen Reduction Potential). The MiProbE requires no regular maintenance or cleaning – the biofilm is the active surface of the sensor probe.
No bio-fouling, no reference cell replacements. Direct microbial responses without expensive lab analyses or single-use bioassay kits. Instant real-time data from any bioreactor process.
Actionable Data in Real-Time.
- Setup Monitoring Alerts to know when changes have taken place.
- Track contamination impacts to microbial treatment processes and stages.
- Optimize processes by monitoring microbial response to system changes (e.g., DO concentration).
- Know what the microbes are doing, not just that the environment has changed.
- Low variance microbial signal without needing complex data filtration and manipulation.
Real-time microbial signal response to biocide contamination from nearby bronopol sewer discharge. Contaminant response demonstrated by negative spikes in the microbial signal. Microbial inhibition from biocidal chemicals result in high magnitude instantaneous drops in response signal.
Microbial signal response is inversely proportional to dissolved oxygen levels and has a metabolically driven time offset. A 6-unit moving average of Dissolved Oxygen is generated to aid in visualizing the high variance of DO readings.